ALBERT J SOTO
240 Saint Lucia Way
Lincoln, California 95648
Born: September 22, 1960
Raised: San Jose, California
Family: Valerie Soto, married February 6, 1982
Children: David (27), Matthew (26), Michael (23), Jonathon (21) & Aaron (18)
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership – Emphasis in Spiritual Formation
Vanguard University, Costa Mesa CA
Present: GPA to date: 3.83
Bachelor of Arts: Pastoral Ministry – Emphasis Biblical Languages
Life Bible College, Los Angeles CA
1985 – 1987: GPA 3.78
Double Major in Historical Theology and Pastoral Ministry
Bethany University, Santa Cruz CA
1979 – 1982: GPA 3.6
Graduate units in Blended Family Systems
Assemblies of God Graduate School of Theology, Springfield MO
Jan – June 2009: GPA 4.0
Certificate in Recovery Ministry in the Local Church
Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena CA
MINISTERIAL & ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
35 years of preaching and teaching in the local church.
Inspirational public speaker at conferences, symposiums and other community events.
Convention Speaker for the International Foursquare Convention, 2005, Chicago, Illinois, “Healthy Pastors make Healthy Churches!”
Convention Speaker for International Foursquare Convention, 2004, San Francisco, CA, “Creating a Culture of Champions.”
Radio producer of a live Christian talk show on KFAX Radio, a 50,000-watt station which became, in six months, the number one show on the weekends for local broadcasters. Guest host for LIFELINE talk show broadcast during the 4:00-7:00 pm commute.
Expertise in leadership, administration, budgeting, finance and strategic planning for the local church.
Extensive background building collaborative relationships between the local church and organizations in the community.
Led paid staff of thirteen church employees and numerous volunteers.
Expertise in conflict resolution.
Church consultant and leadership coach developing their core values and leadership structure.
PASTORAL COUNSELOR & CRISIS INTERVENTION:
Marriage, family, crisis, addiction and grief counseling.
DENOMINATIONAL LEADERSHIP & EQUIPPING:
Recruited, equipped and released hundreds of people into ministry serving in their gift-mix.
Appointed pastors into local church ministry as both a District Supervisor and as a Regional Superintendent for the International Foursquare Gospel Church.
2009 Educated: Northern California Latin Assemblies of God pastors on creating healthy family systems in the local church, Trinity Christian Center, Sacramento, CA.
1997 – 2007 Oversaw and facilitated medical missions teams to the Philippines.
2004 Taught: “Developing a Theology of Process Leadership.” at the Australian Foursquare Convention Body. Facilitated the reconciliation of several key leaders.
2003 Ministered throughout North Island, New Zealand, speaking at conferences and serving people who were in need of hope and healing. Participated in a variety of personal ministry activities to pastors and their families with an emphasis of teaching life skills. Taught a leadership seminar at International Bible College in Auckland on “A New Testament Ecclesiology.”
2002-2003 Taught Contemporary Theology and Pastoral Ministry at the Halls of Life Bible College, Philippines. Assisted with facilitation and taught at numerous crusade outreaches in Davao City, Philippines, targeting the Moslem Barrios.
2002 Trained: African-American educators in the Bay Area on the topic of “Educating a fatherless generation.
1997 Speaker: Bay Area Conference of Hispanic Business and Religious leaders on breaking through the educational challenges of a new generation.
Lead Pastor, Bayside Church Lincoln Campus, Lincoln California, Jan 2012 – to Present:
In almost three years, attendance has grown from eighty to four hundred people. Led an established church plant through a process of deconstruction and reimagining a new future as a campus that has involved developing a new ministry team. The church has already been involved in a variety of community compassion projects that include the exterior painting of Glenn Edwards Middle School as well as assisting to bring character combine curriculum to Lincoln High School in partnership with the school’s principal, Dr. Jay Berns.
Lead Pastor, Trinity Christian Center, Artesia, California, Oct 2009 – Oct 2011:
This was an historic church had declined six hundred people over the prior five years. The church grew from 45 people with a $100,000 deficit to 250 people with no deficit in 18 months.
Associate Pastor, Heritage Church, Lincoln, California, Mar 2008 – Oct 2009
Spiritual Growth Pastor, with Executive Oversight of the Heritage Community Care Team, facilitating counseling, water baptisms, baby dedications, funerals, and small groups for a church population of 1200 members. Participated on the Executive Leadership Team, helping to develop and implement strategic initiatives for the church. Participated on the weekend teaching team preaching and assisting in developing messages for the weekend celebration services. Overseer and implementer for Celebrate Recovery, a comprehensive church-based recovery program. Primary trainer/coach for all people preparing to receive their foursquare license.
Physical Education Instructor, Community Christian School, Lincoln, California,
Nov 2008 – Jun 2009
Taught Physical Education to 100 students from K-8th grade in combination classes. Advised the principal in working with children who were struggling emotionally within the school context. Coached the teaching staff on Blended Family Systems.
Senior Pastor, Generations Foursquare Church, San Jose, California, Jun 1987 – Feb 2008
My wife and I pioneered this church with five people in South San Jose, California after graduating from Life Pacific College. Generations grew to 1,500 people in attendance with an annual budget of 2.5 million dollars. I successfully navigated three building transitions and two major construction projects during our twenty years at Generations. The final building project was a total amount of $7.5 million dollars. Launched and equipped two church plants and sent one pastor to revitalize an historic church.
District Supervisor, South Bay Area Director, San Jose, California, Jan 2003 – Feb 2008
Developed a leadership team for the launch of this new district of 22 churches. Worked with district council to close three churches, disbursed property assets of $2.5 million. With limited financial resources, facilitated training for leaders, including three venues for church council members. Along with our leadership team, launched a training venue for 40 emerging leaders in our district. Serving as a District Supervisor was one of my greatest joys in life. During my five year tenure we successfully planted 14 churches that were mainly targeting first generation Hispanics.
Regional Superintendent, Western District, San Jose, California, 2000 – 2002
Organized meetings throughout the region, training and acted as liaison with local church councils. Advised the transition of three pastors and worked collaboratively with the Divisional Superintendent in organizing regional events that numbered 250-400 participants. Served on the district licensing committee.
Trainer, Western District Church Planting Team, San Jose, California, 1998-2000
Coached church planters, advised in the planning and presenting of church planter boot camps, and facilitated coaching relationships with other church planting coaches.
September, 2014 EPIC Bible College, Sacramento, CA Christian Life & Ministry, “Developing three Pillars for Transformation in the Local Congregation: Orthodoxy, Orthopathy, and Orthopraxy.”
May, 2014 facilitated a course for the City of Lincoln, “Developing a Culture for Team Leadership.
May, 2014 EPIC Bible College, Sacramento, CA Christian Life & Ministry, “Creating a Culture for Team Ministry.”
Spring 2014 Professor EPIC Bible College, Sacramento, California as an instructor for the course “Cross Cultural Ministry.”
November, 2013 Guest lecturer EPIC Bible College, Sacramento, California, “Spiritual Formation.”
February, 2013 Professor, Christian Life & Ministry, “Developing a Theology of Leadership.”
September, 2013, Workshop Instructor for civic leaders in Lincoln, California “A Systems Approach to Leadership.”
August, 2012, , Summer Splash Advanced Adult Education, Granite Bay, California,
The Mission of God through the Scriptures,
September, 2011, New Life Christian Center, Being A Church on Mission,
2011, Greater Los Angeles District Pastors Conference, San Dimas, California, Family Systems Theory and Its Application to the Development of Church Leadership,
Additional courses available upon request
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
Owner, Team Builders Inc., San Jose, California, 1996 to 2000
Consulting company that worked with a variety of private sector companies and other organizations. Developed:
- Core values for companies and their internal departments,
- Strategic plans that provided functional assessment tools using management by objective philosophies,
- Training for sales forces to create presentation materials,
- Systems and measuring tools for increased business performance with current and projected organizational customer base, and
- Human resource systems, which included tools for management to implement qualitative and quantitative assessment tools in order to enhance employee personal growth in job related skills and productivity.
Residential and Commercial Security Consultant, Protection One, San Jose, California, 1997 – 1998
- Completed technical training in the top 1% in the nation and number 1 in the State of California. Total score was 97.8%.
- Number one consultant in the nation four months in a row.
- Three commendations in the areas of teamwork with the technical support team, customer service, and team training.
- Approached to consider the role as a national trainer for the company.
- Certified field trainer for customer service and technical resources for residential and commercial consultants.
- Certified as designer specialist for residential and commercial security systems.
LICENSE, ORDINATION & CERTIFICATES
Licensed/Ordained Minister, 1987 – Present
International Association of Ministers and Ministries
Certified Church Planter Coach/Trainer, 2005 CRM
Certified High School Football Coach, 2000 to Present
Certified National Football League Trainer for Youth and High School Football Coaches, 2000 to Present
Certificate: Non-Harassment: Managers & Supervisors, Paychex Human Resource Training, March 22, 2011.
Certificate: California Wage & Hour Laws: Managers & Supervisors, Paychex Human Resource Training, March 3, 2011.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Who’s Who in Christian Leadership, 1989
- Delta Chi Alpha, Academic and Christian Leadership, American Association of Bible Colleges, 1987
- Who’s Who in Theological Leadership, 1994
- Defensive Coach of the Year at the Junior Varsity Level, Central Coast Section, Leland High School, 2001
- Visiting Professor of Pastoral Theology, Halls of Life Bible College, Davao City, Philippines
- Lifetime Leadership Achievement Award from the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, 2008
- Acknowledged by the San Jose Mercury News as a contributor toward making the city of San Jose a better city, 1994
- Number 1 Defensive Coach in PVAL (Pioneer Valley Athletic League) in 1998
- Honored as the most effective New Show by Golden Gate Broadcasting Company in 1999 at the KFAX Pastors Breakfast.
- July, 2014 Honored by the Lincoln News Messenger as the Best of the Best Clergy in the City of Lincoln.
- August, 2014 Congressional Certificate of Honor from House of Representatives, State of California acknowledging influence as clergy on community.
- California Coaches Federation
- National Association of Christian Recovery Counselors
- National Trainer for Pop Warner Football
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Authenticity: I am committed to transparency in all of my relationships. I do not wear masks when relating to others.
- Loyalty: I believe the best of others and give them my best in order to help them realize their potential.
- Integrity: I strive to be trustworthy and ethical in every arena of life.
- Passion: I desire to help others succeed. I assist others in accomplishing things that they never dreamed they could accomplish alone. My most passionate goal is to impact generations, both now and future, by supporting their dreams and equipping them to realize those dreams.
- Kindness: I respond to people in a way that gives deference to their humanity. I want to treat others with dignity and respect regardless of their position in life.
- Relationship: Everything in life flows out of relationship. Each person is important, which means I want to walk slowly through the crowds.
- Life-Principled Stewardship: I will be unselfish with all that is entrusted to me. I own nothing because I am a manager of all of God’s gifts to me. I choose to live my life as a river rather than a dam.
- Personal Growth: I will never arrive in becoming fully the person that Jesus Christ desires me to become. I am a life-long student of change.
- Humor: I like to laugh and believe that humor acts as a humanizing bridge between people.
“My calling is to communicate, equip, and encourage leaders towards maturity in Christ in order to create healthy families for another generation.”
“Real Success is Helping Others to Succeed!”
Servant Leadership as developed by Robert K. Greenleaf
WEB PAGE & SOCIAL MEDIA: