When: Thursday Evenings June 22, July 21, 2015
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:50PM
- Course Description
This course covers the principles and methodology necessary to equip the student to prepare and deliver messages from the Word of God in a minimum of three manners: topical, textual, and expository. Homiletics is simply a tool to better enable the individual to deliver the message God has given them.
- Course Objectives
Upon satisfactory completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the three basic types of sermons; topical, textual and expository.
- Demonstrate vocal expertise in homiletic and sermonic excellence.
- Synthesize the character and methodology of homiletics.
- Recognize an absolute devotion to Scripture with a healthy fear of misrepresenting it at any point.
- Effectively communicate in the basic principles of written and oral sermon delivery.
- Braga, James, How to Prepare Bible Messages, Multnomah Press, Portland, Oregon.
- Bible, your version preference excluding any version that is a paraphrase.
- Colburn, Tana. EPIC I Handbook, Epic Bible College, 2011. Print.
- Assignments and Grading Procedures
Attendance and Participation (6×40) (40 points perclass)
1 Topical – (100 pts) and 100 Outline
1 Textual – (100 pts) and 100 Outline
1 Expository – (100 pts) and 100 Outline
1 Extemporaneous Sermon – 100 pts and 50 Outline