Come on People! The world’s most powerful nation as well as Democracy just did something that many nations cannot do and that is exercise the right to vote in order to ratify the transition of governmental power. Many people in the world experience this at the end of a gun. We experience this at the end of a dangling chad. Regardless of what political party you belong to – what we get to experience every four years is not only a miracle but also this freedom came at a high price of men and women sealed it with their lives. So in light of this evening I am going to pick on everybody with a little bit of humor: So here we go:
- For those who feel this election is the end of the world and you continue to play pin the tail on the antichrist. Read the Bible – God still is on the throne and He is in control and He is on a Mission! Now get your cup of tea and sit down by reading your Left Behind series. That should cheer you up!
- For all of you open minded people who continue to believe that the national debt can be cured with antibiotics and that Benghazi is something you yell about during a Bingo game. Turn on the Wizard of Oz close your eyes and say all of it is not real it will go away. If that does not work there are always reruns of Dr. Phil at 2AM.
- For all of you people who claim fiscal responsibility but think social justice is something that you find on the Hallmark channel and your favorite verse of Scripture is, “The poor you will have always! Who think immigration is a skin disorder for people who live in the South from here or is it the North? Whatever! It’s almost Christmas go ahead watch the Scrooge.
- For all of you who think that ethics and morality is something that you only catch occasionally while visiting an art gallery and the need for character and the exercise of personal responsibility ceased to be needed when Little House on the Prairie stopped producing new episodes. Remember CNN and MSNBC is not the place you develop a worldview and watching Public TV Programing is not a form of community service. But you always have the hope of global warming and December 21st is almost here! Maybe all the Mayans believed that on that day all the people who do not think like you will be abducted by aliens. Yikes! They disappeared. I guess that does not work.
- For all of us who live in an incredible nation it is time that we appreciate the liberty that has been afforded us and that we treat one another with dignity and respect understanding that our diversity is our greatest strength around the principle of being “One Nation Under God!” Together we commit ourselves to three things: First, prayer for all of those in government. Second, a commitment to make a difference where I live. Finally, an attitude that understands with grateful humility – the frailty of our Democracy is held together by a power far greater than us! With great power comes great responsibility by all of us who are Americans.