Why Bay City Church?
It was in June of 1987 that with five couples including my wife and I embarked on the journey to plant a church that was known as Family Life Center in South San Jose, CA. It was an exciting ride for twenty years and so many moments of God doing some incredible things. The “Mission” that God has for the Bay Area is nowhere close to being finished!
My purpose in writing this blog is to bring to your awareness that a new church is being planted in the Tri-City area of Danville, CA by a close friend of mine, Daren Laws. It is known as Bay City Church and I am convinced it is going to have tremendous impact throughout the region. Before I go any further allow me to say that there are many great churches throughout the Bay Area that are serving the cause of Christ and if you are already committed and participating in the life of a faith community please stay where you have been planted. Matter of Fact – My friend Daren Laws has a high degree of integrity and has always been a leader who has been a champion for the church at large to succeed in both health and multiplication for the Kingdom of God and would in no way desire to see anyone just simply leave a church because they are just attracted the newest thing. By the way – that kind of consumer mentality is not helpful to church plants (my words not Daren’s).
But if you are a person who has been feeling a stirring in your soul to the following I would ask that you consider Bay City church: If you:
· Have a strong sense that you desire to be a part of a Church Plant that is committed to both the “reaching of unchurched people” as well as intentional equipping toward maturity for every believer.
· Desire to participate in a Church that is both relational in how it does community without sacrificing mission to continue to transform the atmosphere of a region as well as the world.
· Have a deep passion to be a part of a Church Leadership structure that really functions with “Doing Church as a Team.”
· A Church Community that is whole heartedly committed to the equipping and release of people into their own calling and purpose.
· Just want to be a part of a place that what you see is what you get and you can feel good about bringing your unchurched family and friends!
I strongly recommend you consider Bay City Church! God moving on the Heart of Daren Laws and his lovely wife Tracy encourages me that “God Still Has a Heart for the San Francisco Bay Area” because he is planting some of the best!”